Kepala Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan
Sustainable City & Green Building, Ecological Sanitation
2001-2006 Postgraduate study at the Institute of Wastewater Management and Water Protection Technical University Hamburg-Harburg and Institute for Environmental Sciences Hochschule Vechta, Germany; degree: Dr. rer. Nat., predicate: Magna Cum Laude, with scholarship from DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst).
1990-1995 Undergraduate study at the Environmental Engineering Department, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning, Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology Surabaya (ITS); degree: ST (Bachelor of Engineering).
● “Current Situation and Considerations of Domestic Wastewater Treatment Systems for Big Cities in Indonesia (Case Study: Surabaya and Bandung)”, Journal of Water Sustainability, Issue 2, page 97-104, 2011.
● “Hygienization and Application of Human Urine as Mineral Fertilizer for Field Mustard Plants (Brassica rapa sp.)”, Jurnal Purifikasi volume 13, July 2011.
● “Domestic Wastewater Treatment Systems for Big Cities in Developing Country (Case Study: Surabaya and Bandung, Indonesia)”, IWA International Conference “Cities of the Future” Xi’an (COF-Xian 2011), Xi’an-China, 15-19 September 2011.
● “Greywater Treatment System as New Solution for Urban Wastewater Problem in Indonesia”, IWA International Conference “Cities of the Future” Xi’an (COF-Xian 2011), Xi’an-China, 15-19 September 2011.
● “Alternative Technologies for Domestic Wastewater Management and Their Contributions to Reduce Global Warming”, the First International Seminar on Fundamental and Application of Chemical Engineering (ISFAChe 2010), Kuta-Bali, 3-4 November 2010.
● “Cost Benefit Analysis for Centralized and Decentralized Wastewater Treatment System (Case study: Surabaya-Indonesia)”, Al Baz et al. (eds.), Efficient Management of Wastewater: Its 259 Treatment and Reuse in the Mediterranean Countries. © Springer-Verlage Berlin Heidelberg, Germany, 2008.
● “The Potential of Nutrient Reuse from a Source-Separated Domestic Wastewater System in Indonesia – Case study: Ecological Sanitation Pilot Plant in Surabaya”, IWA International Conference on Advanced Sanitation, Aachen-Germany, 2007. Published in Journal Water Science & Technology 56:5 pages 141-148, 2007.
● “Sustainability Assessment on Ecological Sanitation (Ecosan) System for Low-Income Areas in Indonesia”, International Conference on Sustainable Sanitation, Dongsheng-China, 2007.
* Grant awardee from Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst for the DAAD Science Tour 2016, City of the Future – Research for Sustainable Urban Development, Germany, 31 January – 6 February 2016.
● Indonesian Delegation (assigned by Directorate of Higher Education, Indonesian Ministry of Education) at the Asia-European Meeting (ASEM) Education Secretariat, Bonn, Germany, August-November 2012.
● Grant awardee from Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) for Sustainable Chemistry in International Cooperation, GIZ Germany and Leuphana University, Lueneburg, Germany, September 2015.
● Grant awardee from Swedish Environment Institute (SEI) & Ecosanres for the 2008/2009 International Training Programme: Ecological Alternatives in Sanitation, Stockholm-Linkoping-Uppsala, Sweden September 2008 and Bangalore, India April 2009. * Postgraduate scholarship from Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD Germany, 2000-2005)